Some families can learn these skills quickly in a few sessions, other more time and energy. Although many of the ideas and techniques taught in behavioral parent training are common sense parenting techniques, many parents need careful teaching and support to learn parenting skills and use them consistently.
Parenting skills building programs
- Increase potential confidence
- Reduce parental stress and anxiety
- Help parents plan ahead and manage behavior effectively in public places
- Reduce or eliminate spanking and hitting
- Improve parent-child relations
- Improve effectiveness of parents’ use of reward system